donderdag 5 mei 2011

Quick Dora & Diego Pasta

On Wednesdays I try to cook for at least 2 days.....
I work on Thursday & Friday, arrive home late (in my eyes late... it’s around diner time, 6 PM ) after picking up the kids, hungry,  it's just soooooo great that I only need to reheat the food, before attacking it.

I'm a big fan of Damaris, from Kitchen Corners, she writes a great blog.
She encouraged all her readers to share our quick meals, as everyone of us could use a quick meal plan in our busy lives, sometimes.

Here is my recipe of our Quick Dora & Diego Pasta.
(the other thing I made was burrito's, if you wanted to know :) )



I usually have all of this at home... sometimes fresh in my  fridge, sometimes the veggies and meat frozen.
It was the children’s turn to pick the pasta... so yes: Dora & Diego pasta. :)

The ingredients:
1 pack Dora & Diego pasta
250 gr ground beef
400 gr vegetables (already diced, quick right!)
1 pack tomato sauce
salt
pepper
garlic (powder)
curry
brown sugar (when I add this, they al eat sooo much better, including my husband :) )
(all spices to taste)

My girls sometimes refuse to eat there vegetables... so sometimes I put the sauce in the blender... so they can't find them :D

Prepare the pasta as the box says.
Fry the ground beef, I usually already start adding the spices, except the brown sugar.
When all the meat is brown, add the vegetables, stir fry till it's no longer raw.
Then add the tomato sauce. Stir, add the brown sugar, let simmer for a few minutes.
..... done :)

Mix the pasta and sauce or serve separate.

When we have leftovers, I often safe them in the freezer, for a even more quicker meal.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I have never seen Diego and Dora pasta. That is fantastic. My kids love both characters. Maria calls Dora "Doda" I wish we had this in our store.

    Great recipe!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. My kids also love them both :)
    My youngsest calls them Ora & Tiego.
    I really thought you would have the Dora & Diego pasta in the U.S....

    What fun pasta do you have in the U.S.?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen