zaterdag 14 mei 2011

Strawberry cupcake


 My youngest daughter, L will turn 2 in July.
She really loves loves loves strawberries.
So I though  try to make here a strawberry cake.
But since she had cowmilkallergy, I have to practices making nice cakes (without milk and butter.) before I make the real deal.
I usually make mine cakes with water/soymilk/oil/ sometimes I replace the eggs.



So I tried making Strawberry cupcakes, with strawberry creme and (ofcourse)  a strawberry on top.
And then I bundled all the replies; Wowwie
jammie, this is so great, etc...... 
I think I did a really good job making them.
And so I have a great recipe for L's birthday cake.

Ingredients Cupcakes:
- 1 cup selfrising flower
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2/3 cup canesugar
- 1 cup small diced strawberries
- 2 eggs (or replacer)
- pinch of salt

Reheat your oven at 350F (175C). And prepare you cupcake sheet with liners.
Mix in a great bowl all the ingredients, exept the strawberries. Mix everything well and then stir in the strawberries with a spoon.
Then divide the dough evenly over the liners. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
The cupcakes are ready, when a toothpick come sout dry.

Ingredients Frosting;
- 1/4 cup flower
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup strawberry-soymilk
- 1 cup butter/crisco
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam/confiture
- pinch of salt

First,  in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, whisk the sugar, flour, salt together. Add the milk and cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally until the mixture has thickened into a paste and slightly bubbly at edges.
Then transfer the mixture to the bowl let it cool, till it's really cold. Strat mixing and then add the butter; beat until thoroughly incorporated. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until the frosting is light and fluffy. At the jam/confiture and mix a little more.
Transfer the frosting to a decorating bag and make a nice swirl on top of your cupcake, and to finish it of, a nice strawberry on top :D









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten